It's like Cmdr. Selby said...: Tommy Lee says he is the 51-year-old man who, along with his 19-year-old son, were the victims in that shooting July 8 in front of the Krystal burger joint on Bourbon Street. He laments that Cmdr. Eddie Selby resigned because of the brouhaha that arose after he ordered his officers to target armed black men just a week to the day before Lee and his son were gunned down.
It distresses him too that only the shooter's accomplice has been caught and not the shooter himself. "I saw a picture of the shooter on the net. How could you have a picture of him but no name? From the looks of him, his picture and name should be in some police department's records somewhere," he says. "Give me 10 minutes and I could get that punk to spill his guts and name his partner in crime, then spill some more guts! Sure hope you catch that other piece of garbage also."
- Friday (7.15.11) 11:30 p.m.: An 18-year-old white fella walking on Bienville Street toward Bourbon Street was held up by 2 black thugs who asked him for money and then tugged at their waistbands like they had a weapon. The victim gave it up and the robbers fled on foot on Bienville toward Dauphine Street.
- Saturday (7.16.11) 2 a.m.: A 73-year-old black gentleman walking on N. Peters Street near Iberville Street was robbed by 2 black punks who stuck what seemed to be a gun in his back.
- Saturday (7.16.11) 5:50 a.m.: A 23-year-old white guy walking in the 800 block of Iberville Street, near the Acme Oyster House, was approached by 2 transvestites dressed as women. One pepper sprayed the victim while the other reached into his pants pocket for his money.
- Wednesday (7.20.11) 3:45 a.m.: A 24-year-old white man walking on S. Liberty Street near Tulane University Hospital was robbed by a black hoodlum who hopped out of a tan-colored Chrysler Cirrus and pulled a pistol. The victim raised his hands and the robber took the money from his pockets and ordered the victim to walk away.
- Thursday (7.21.11) 3 a.m.: A 49-year-old white man was walking near Dauphine and Orleans streets when a blue Ford Expedition pulled up and 2 men emerged from the back hatch with handguns and demanded the victim's wallet.
- Friday (7.22.11) 3 a.m.: A Lucky Dog vendor, a white man 46, was robbed by 2 black thugs at Royal and St. Peter streets, near the old A&P store. One pulled a pistol and demanded money and the other stuck a knife to the victim's back. The robbers fled in different directions with the vendor's loot.
- Saturday (7.23.11) 11:30 p.m.: A 26-year-old white guy walking on Burgundy Street near St. Anthony Street in the Marigny Triangle was robbed by 2 black punks who pulled a handgun and made off with his Apple laptop computer, iPhone, and wallet.
- Sunday (7.24.11) 12:30 a.m.: A 27-year-old white man walking on St. Ann Street between Dauphine and Burgundy streets was robbed by 2 black felons who pulled a pistol and demanded his money.
- Sunday (7.24.11) 1:15 a.m.: A 42-year-old Hispanic man had his cellphone snatched out of his hand while he was standing on St. Louis Street near Bourbon Street by a black boy who was apprehended a short time later.
- Sunday (7.24.11) 3:45 a.m.: A 25-year-old white gal walking on Dauphine Street near Kerlerec Street in the Marigny Triangle had her purse snatched by 2 black thieves who grabbed it and fled on foot.
* * *
Recent crimes in the 8th District
Pickpocketing, 400 Bourbon, 10:38 a.m.
Bicycle Theft, Chartres & Iberville, 3:55 p.m.
Shoplifting, 915 Decatur, 7:22 p.m.
Auto Theft, 600 Magazine, 7:56 p.m.
Shoplifting, 1021 Decatur, 9:10 p.m.
Business Burglary, 401 Baronne, 5:40 a.m.
Auto Theft, S Claiborne & Poydras, 8:52 a.m.
Auto Theft, Conti & N Rampart, 9:48 a.m.
Theft, 542 Tchoupitoulas, 12:03 p.m.
Bicycle Theft, 501 Decatur, 1:52 p.m.
Auto Burglary, 300 Burgundy, 6:14 a.m.
Pickpocketing, 1107 Decatur, 2:56 p.m.
Shoplifting, 507 Decatur, 1:50 p.m.
Shoplifting, 333 Chartres, 1:51 p.m.
Theft, 620 Chartres, 3:41 p.m.
Auto Theft, Burgundy & Conti, 4:51 p.m.
Theft, 315 Magazine, 3:37 p.m.
Theft, 1031 Orleans, 7:44 a.m.
Theft, Decatur & Toulouse, 12:49 p.m.
Business Burglary, 618 Gravier, 1:00 p.m.
Theft, 135 St Charles Ave, 5:08 a.m.
Theft, 300 Bourbon St, 8:37 a.m.
Theft, 123 Carondelet St, 9:12 a.m.
Auto Burglary, 2 Poydras, 10:04 a.m.
Shoplifting, 800 Royal St, 11:31 a.m.
Pickpocketing, 800 Gravier St, 11:26 p.m.
Auto Theft, Bourbon & St Louis, 11:38 a.m.
Shoplifting, 134 Royal, 4:15 p.m.
Theft, 214 Royal, 5:21 p.m.
Auto Burglary, 700 Bienville, 9:54 a.m.
Aggravated Assault, 441 Royal, 10:24 p.m.
Auto Burglary, 801 St Charles, 7:52 a.m.
Theft, 700 Tchoupitoulas, 2:39 p.m.
Theft, 327 St Charles, 4:02 p.m.
Shoplifting, 717 Canal, 6:02 p.m.
Aggravated Battery, 411 Bourbon, 7:04 p.m.
Residence Burglary, 520 St Philip, 7:11 p.m.
Theft, 1015 Decatur, 10:57 p.m.
Armed Robbery, Royal & St Peter, 1:13 a.m.
Theft, 228 Poydras, 11:43 a.m.
Theft, 500 Dauphine St, 3:28 p.m.
Theft, 100 Iberville St, 4:24 p.m.
Bicycle Theft, 917 Decatur St, 7:36 p.m.
Theft, 441 Bourbon St, 3:08 a.m.
Auto Theft, 814 S Peters St, 8:10 a.m.
Auto Burglary, Andrew Higgins & St Charles, 1:33 p.m.
Auto Burglary, Andrew Higgins & St Charles, 4:18 p.m.
Theft, 333 Chartres St, 5:21 p.m.