Temper, temper: It may have been Nathan Smesny's idea of a hot time in the old town, but his victims would probably disagree.
Who said drugs wouldn't hurt you?: A couple of guys who should have been old enough to know better but whose pasts were littered with mostly drug arrests and convictions, finally snapped and turned violent:
- Friday (6.10.11) 12:30 a.m.: A guy got into an argument with another guy on Bourbon Street near St. Louis Street. As the tiff escalated, the suspect picked up a beer bottle and went after the other guy.
- Saturday (6.11.11) 4:40 a.m.: A black guy came up to Babe's Cabaret, a strip club at 433 Bourbon St., and got into an argument with a girl hustling her wares in the doorway and wound up striking her.
- Wednesday (6.15.11) 11:30 p.m.: A 28-year-old white man walking near Barracks and N. Rampart streets was robbed by 2 black thugs. One knocked him to the ground and took his wallet and cellphone. The robbers fled on foot up N. Rampart toward Canal Street.
- Tuesday (6.14.11) 11:40 p.m.: A white woman (no age given) was walking on Burgundy Street near St. Ann Street when a black guy grabbed her purse and knocked her to the ground. The robber and 2 other black thugs with him then fled on foot on St. Ann.
- Sunday (6.12.11) 4:00 a.m.: A white guy (no age given) was walking on St. Louis Street just off Bourbon Street when 3 black chicks struck him and took his wallet before fleeing on foot.
- Saturday (6.11.11) 2:00 a.m.: A white guy (no age given) walking on N. Rampart Street near Ursulines St. was tackled from behind by a black dude who stole his wallet from his back pocket before fleeing on N. Rampart toward Canal Street.
- Sunday (6.11.11) 12:25 a.m.: A white guy walking on Dauphine Street near St. Louis Street was assailed by a white punk who demanded his money and then struck him. The victim resisted and ran away. The would-be robber fled on foot on St. Louis toward N. Rampart Street.
- Friday (6.10.11) 4:55 a.m.: A woman standing with her girlfriend at Chartres and Frenchmen streets in the Marigny Triangle had her purse snatched by 2 black hoodlums who then fled on foot up Decatur Street toward Esplanade Avenue.
- Wednesday (6.8.11) 2:45 p.m.: A couple standing near Harrah's Casino on Canal Street was approached by a black guy who asked if they were lost and offered to show them the way to the ferry. As they neared the ferry terminal, the "guide" grabbed the victim's iPad--a big jump form iPhones--from his hand and fled on foot.
- Sunday (6.5.11) 4:30 a.m.: A 25-year-old white woman walking on Common Street near Carondelet Street had her purse snatched by a black boy who fled on foot.
Captured on camera: Thanks in large part to video surveillance cameras inside of Walgreen's at Loyola and Tulane avenues, 8th District detectives were able to identify and arrest Leroy Perry, 51, for robbing the store on 5.8.11.