Some never learn: You would have thought that by now citizens would have learned the danger of walking and talking (or texting, or whatever) with their iPhones. But in the past week there's been a new wave of iPhone thefts. (You would have thought the robbers would've learned the location of the phones can be easily traced.):
- Tuesday (5.17.11) 12:20 p.m.: A 23-year-old white woman nearly lost her iPhone to 2 black boys who just wouldn't give up.
The woman went around the corner and there, in the 300 block of Baronne Street, the same 2 punks confronted her again, one telling her he had a gun and demanded her phone. She refused and ducked into a business.
- Wednesday (5.18.11) 8:35 p.m.: A 25-year-old woman walking in the 1100 block of Bourbon Street (between Gov. Nicholls and Ursulines streets) was not so lucky. A black thug came up and grabbed her iPhone out of her hand and took off running toward Esplanade Avenue.
- Saturday (5.21.11) 2:00 a.m.: A 25-year-old white man lost his iPhone to a black thief who grabbed it out of his hand in the 600 block of Convention Center Boulevard.
- Saturday (5.21.11) 2:40 a.m.: A 27-year-old white woman standing in the 100 block of Dauphine Street (just off Canal Street) had her iPhone stolen by a black guy who grabbed it from her hand and took off running on Iberville Street toward N. Rampart Street (and the housing project, natch).
- Sunday (5.22.11): A series of 3 iPhone thefts, all within 2 blocks of each other on Burgundy Street (between St. Louis and Orleans streets), all on Sunday, all by a young black punk, may very well be related:
- 1:15 a.m.: A 27-year-old white man walking in the 700 block of Burgundy had his iPhone snatched from his hand by a black boy who fled on foot toward Orleans.
- 4:30 a.m.: A 22-year-old white fella walking in the 500 block of Burgundy was attacked by a black boy who came up and slugged him and demanded his iPhone. He complied and the robber fled on foot toward Orleans.
- 7:30 p.m.: This time in the evening, it looks like the same thug brought a buddy with him to rob a 27-year-old white woman who was standing in the 700 block of Burgundy. One of the crooks grabbed the iPhone from her hand and both boys fled on foot toward Orleans.
- Monday (5.16.11) 10:25 p.m.: Two white men, 23, walking in the 700 block of Ursulines Avenue (between Bourbon and Royal streets) were accosted by 2 black thugs, one of whom pulled a pistol and demanded their cellphones. The victims refused and fled on foot.
- Wednesday (5.18.11) 12: 30 a.m.: A 21-year-old white woman walking with a friend in the 200 block of Camp Street (just off Canal Street in the CBD) was struck by a white thug who then snatched her purse.
- Thursday (5.19.11) 1:35 p.m.: A 38-year-old white woman walking in the 400 block of S. Rampart Street in the CBD was accosted by a black thug who pushed her and snatched her purse. He fled on foot through a parking lot toward Loyola Avenue.
- Friday (5.20.11) 3:30 a.m.: A 24-year-old white woman was robbed in the 1300 block of Bourbon Street near Esplanade Avenue by 2 black cretins, one of whom stuck what she thought was a gun in her back. They settled for her purse and fled on foot toward Barracks Street.
- Friday (5.20.11) 7:10 p.m.: A 26-year-old white woman walking in the 1000 block of St. Charles Avenue near St. Joseph Street nearly had her purse snatched by a black guy who fled on foot when she resisted.
- Friday (5.20.11) 7:45 p.m.: A 45-year-old black lady walking in the 1000 block of St. Louis Street, too close to N. Rampart Street, was robbed of her purse by a gun-wielding black thug who then fled on foot through a parking lot.
* * *
Auto Theft, 422 Notre Dame, 11:03 a.m.
Simple Robbery, 145 Elk, 2:35 p.m.
Theft, 344 Camp, 4:30 a.m.
Theft, 800 Decatur, 9:44 a.m.
Residence Burglary, 500 Gravier, 10:08 a.m.
Business Burglary, 705 Gov Nicholls, 10:26 a.m.
Theft, 909 Poydras, 2:14 p.m.
Theft, 601 Poydras, 7:29 p.m.
Auto Burglary, Commerce & Julia, 7:54 p.m.
Business Burglary, 727 Carondelet, 10:59 p.m.
Auto Theft, 400 St Joseph, 6:54 a.m.
Shoplifting, 1015 Decatur, 9:25 a.m.
Theft, 301 Canal, 1:45 p.m.
Auto Burglary, 838 Baronne, 4:57 p.m.
Theft, Common & Magazine, 8:33 p.m.
Aggravated Assault, Chartres & St Peter, 10:14 p.m.
Armed Robbery, 800 St Peter, 10:33 p.m.
Pickpocketing, 300 Burgundy, 5:13 a.m.
Theft, 811 Iberville, 6:10 a.m.
Auto Theft, 1400 Royal, 8:58 a.m.
Residence Burglary, 1000 block of St Peter, 12:33 p.m.
Shoplifting, 301 Canal, 1:20 p.m.
Shoplifting, 700 Royal, 1:39 p.m.
Theft, 1734 N Rampart, 5:56 a.m.
Theft, 228 Poydras, 12:19 p.m.
Shoplifting, 701 Royal, 2:55 p.m.
Auto Burglary, Conti & Rampart, 4:43 p.m.
Auto Burglary, 801 Magazine, 7:37 p.m.
Aggravated Battery, 500 St Ann, 9:43 p.m.
Aggravated Battery, 900 Canal, 10:36 a.m.
Theft, 910 Iberville, 11:23 p.m.
Theft, 900 Convention Center, 9:44 a.m.
Auto Burglary, Bienville & N Rampart, 10:40 a.m.
Shoplifting, 232 Bourbon, 11:05 a.m.
Theft, 900 Chartres, 11:22 a.m.
Shoplifting, Decatur & Iberville, 3:30 p.m.
Theft, 930 Poydras, 6:02 p.m.
Auto Burglary, 716 Iberville, 10:16 p.m.