Aggravated Assault: 900 Burgundy
Auto Theft: Dauphine & St Philip
Theft: 233 Chartres
Theft: Bourbon & Dumaine
Auto Theft: Andrew Higgins & Tchoupitoulas
8:12 a.m. Simple Burglary: 1036 Esplanade
9:05 a.m. Auto Theft: Burgundy & Iberville
1:15 p.m. Auto Burglary: 500 Madison
2:39 p.m. Theft: 717 Orleans
3:01 p.m. Shoplifting: 917 Decatur
4:47 p.m. Business Burglary: 900 Convention Center
5:17 p.m. Auto Theft: 275 LaSalle
9:18 p.m. Aggravated Assault: 301 St Joseph
2:20 p.m. Theft: 1900 St Claude
10:54 p.m. Auto Theft: 900 Decatur
3:30 p.m. Auto Theft: 600 Carondelet
4:06 p.m. Shoplifting: 937 Decatur
5:15 p.m. Theft: 421 Loyola
5:44 p.m. Theft: 881 Convention Center
4:51 p.m. Theft: 819 Conti
7:05 p.m. Simple Robbery: 700 Bourbon
7:55 p.m. Theft: 923 S Peters
11:35 a.m. Auto Burglary: 1736 McShane
3:21 p.m. Theft: 636 Tchoupitoulas
6:25 p.m. Auto Burglary: 1034 Dauphine
1:24 a.m. Armed Robbery: Commerce & Notre Dame
4:46 a.m. Theft: 441 Bourbon
5:39 a.m. Auto Theft: St Charles & Union
9:34 a.m. Auto Theft: 100 Conti
12:58 p.m. Simple Robbery: 700 St Philip
4:07 p.m. Theft: 801 Decatur
8:28 p.m. Theft: 1104 Canal
10:38 p.m. Purse Snatching: Bourbon & St Louis
10:40 p.m. Auto Burglary: Girod & O'Keefe
Murder in the Marigny?: How could a guy be beaten to death in broad daylight near Washington Square Park in the Marigny Triangle and no one see it? Nor report it to the NOPD?
Trosclair, of Slidell, grew up in Jefferson Parish and New Orleans and had been arrested a couple of times on drug charges. The victim's stepfather said Trosclair had been addicted to alcohol, cocaine and heroin most of his life.
Robberies with guns: They're out there folks--be careful:
- Friday (8.6.10) 10:20 a.m.: A 26-year-old white guy was ordered out of his parked SUV in the lot of Sun Ray Grill, 1051 Annunciation St., by a black thug armed with a small, shiny semi-automatic pistol. The robber made off with the silver 2007 Acura MDX with Louisiana tag TFY 514 and the victim's wallet and cellphone too. He was last scene speeding up Annunciation toward Calliope Street.
- Saturday (8.7.10) 1:24 a.m.: Two white couples were walking near Commerce and Notre Dame streets in the Warehouse District when they were robbed by 2 black thugs. One robber held a gun on them and ordered them to drop their valuables; when they did, the second robber scooped up the loot. The thieves then fled on foot toward Canal Street.
- Sunday (8.8.10) 10:33 p.m.: A white couple, he 22 years old, she 20 years old--and you've got to believe they were from out of town to do something so stupid--were walking in the honky-tonk area along Bourbon Street when they met a black dude who offered to take them to a party. He lured them into a parking garage in the 800 block of Iberville Street (between Bourbon and Dauphine streets). Once there, the dude's black buddy pulled a pistol and demanded the young gullible couple's cash. They gave it up, the robbers fled.
Robberies without guns: It doesn't take much to rob some folks, but in these cases, 8th District cops made 4 arrests in 2 of the cases:
- Thursday (8.5.10) 12:18 a.m.: An 18-year-old white boy made the mistake of getting into an argument a black dude on Bourbon Street near Iberville Street. It didn't take long for several of the black guy's bros to show up. One of them reached into the white victim's pocket and grabbed some cash, as all of the hoodlums raced toward Canal Street.
- Thursday (8.5.10) 7:10 p.m.: A 55-year-old white lady walking in the 700 block of Bourbon Street (between Orleans Avenue and St. Ann Street) was asked for some money by a young black boy. When she refused, he grabbed her iPhone from her hand.
- Saturday (8.7.10) 1 a.m.: A 40-year-old white man walking in the 700 block of St. Philip Street (between Bourbon and Royal streets) was accosted by a gang of 3 black boys. One pushed him to the ground and the others took his wallet and cellphone before fleeing on foot.
- Saturday (8.7.10) 10:38 p.m.: A 21-year-old white woman was walking near Bourbon and St. Louis streets when she was confronted by 2 young punks who grabbed her purse and fled on foot on St. Louis, turning on Dauphine Street toward Canal Street.
Unwanted man wanted: A black man who'd been 86'd from the Club Decatur, 240 Decatur St., tried to enter the forbidden chamber around 12:30 a.m. on Friday (8.6.10). When the bartender confronted him, the banned man reached into a black backpack he was carrying and pulled out a pistol, then fled on foot before any fireworks erupted.
By Monday (8.9.10), 8th District detectives figured out the man they were looking for was Bryan Mitchell, 22, and issued a warrant for his arrest after he was positively identified from a photo lineup by the bartender. Mitchell was booked into Central Lockup this afternoon (8.10.10) just before 2 p.m.
Who you gonna believe?: As expected, supporters of the proposed new French Quarter/Marigny "security" district think I'm downright disloyal and ignorant because I don't support their boondoggle.