Yakitty-yak: It's tempting to say they got what they had coming to them, but no one deserves to be robbed--even if they are yakking on their cellphone rather than paying attention to the world around them.
- Friday (4.23.10) 1:09 a.m.: A white woman walking near Esplanade Avenue and Decatur street had her cellphone grabbed from her hand by a black boy. He took off on foot on Esplanade toward Elysian Fields Avenue.
- Friday (4.23.10) 3:00 a.m.: Less than 2 hours later, another white woman walking in the 600 block of Frenchmen Street--in the heart of the music scene--had her cellphone snatched from her hand. The black boy who did it fled on foot up Frenchmen toward Esplanade.
- Saturday (4.24.10) 11:05 p.m.: The next night, he went into the CBD and grabbed a cellphone from a black woman in the 200 block of Baronne Street (a block the other side of Canal Street between Common and Gravier streets) before fleeing on Barrone to Union Street to Carondelet Street.
- Monday (4.26.10) 2:42 a.m.: After taking Sunday off for good behavior (I doubt it) the young hooligan resumed his reign of terror, which turned out to be his undoing. He yanked the cellphone from the hand of a white man standing in the 100 block of Bourbon Street near Canal Street and took off running on Canal to Dauphine Street, turning toward Esplanade.
- Monday (4.26.10) 11:15 p.m.: That night a white woman walking in the 500 block of Decatur Street (between St. Louis and Toulouse streets) had her purse (with a phone in it?) snatched by a black boy. He fled on foot down Toulouse toward N. Rampart Street.