...they gonna rob these folks?: The city's downtown was as crime-free as you could expect 100,000 or so liquored-up folks to be after the Saints beat the Vikings (and I do mean "beat"--ask Brett Favre about that) Sunday (1.24.10) night. But shortly after the stroke of midnight, the bad guys resumed their bad ways:
- Monday (1.25.10) 1:46 a.m.: An Asian woman walking in the 400 block of Bourbon Street (between Conti and St. Louis streets) had her purse snatched by a black punk who fled on foot.
- Monday (1.25.10) 3:29 a.m.: A white guy using the ATM at 440 Bourbon St. was robbed of his withdrawal by a black thug.
- Tuesday (1.26.10) 11:17 a.m.: A white woman walking along Ursulines Avenue (between Dauphine and Burgundy streets) had her purse stolen by a black dude who pushed her and then grabbed her purse away from her.
- Tuesday (1.26.10) 6:24 p.m.: A white man walking in the 500 block of St. Louis Street (between Decatur and Chartres streets) was robbed at gunpoint by a black guy.
- 1:46 a.m.: A white guy driving on the far reach of Convention Center Boulevard where it joins Henderson Street as it cuts over to Tchoupitoulas Street, was almost sideswiped by a car full of black dudes. As he looked over at the black 4-door Toyota Camry, he saw one of them pointing a pistol at him.
- 10:15 p.m.: A white guy standing at O'Keefe Avenue and Poydras Street, not far from the Superdome about the time the Saints' championship game concluded, was accosted by another white guy who allegedly pulled a knife and threatened him.
Then, Leon comes out for John Georges for mayor because he says Georges is against crime. Who isn't? Cannizzaro says he's known Georges for 30 years; he doesn't say how much moola Georges pumped into his campaign coffers when he ran for DA.
When he ran for governor he listed his business address in Jefferson Parish, where the bulk of his businesses are. When he signed to run for mayor, he listed a P.O. box in N.O. So where does he really live? Maybe if he loses this election, he can run for Aaron Broussard's vacated job in JP.
And, Leon, stick to solving the crime problem in the city--we didn't elect you to be a kingmaker.
Does this make sense?: Since the only crime lately seems to have to do with politicians, you have to ask this question: