Ticketed: It's one thing to rob us, rape us and shoot us, it's another thing to mess with the NFL.
The 8th District cops confiscated approximately $2,700 in cash and 17 counterfeit tickets from Harris before charging him specifically with "illegal use of a counterfeit trademark."
The gang that couldn't shoot straight: A car load of Hispanic youths was loitering in the 500 block of Frenchmen Street (between Decatur and Chartres streets) just before 4 a.m. Saturday (12.19.09) when the driver decided to unload his pistol. The gun fired and struck his girlfriend, sitting in the passenger seat, in the back.
Out of the pool: A friendly game of pool turned out to be anything but at The R Bar, 1431 Royal St., on Sunday (12.13.09).
Robbing in the hood: A few robberies have sullied the season, though not as many as in recent holiday seasons:
- Sunday (12.20.09) 12:55 a.m.: A white guy walking in the 700 block of Burgundy Street (near St. Ann Street) when 2 other white guys came up. One punched the victim, knocking him to the ground, while the other grabbed the guy's wallet. They fled on St. Ann toward Decatur Street.
- Monday (12.14.09) 12:25 a.m.: A black man walking in the 800 block of Bienville Street (between Bourbon and Dauphine streets) was approached by 2 black dudes on a bicycle. One hopped off the handlebars and pulled a pistol, demanding the victim's money. The victim complied and the robber hopped back on the handlebars as the bike rode off toward N. Rampart Street.
- Saturday (12.12.09) 3:27 a.m.: Two white men, one 57 and the other 45, along with a white woman, 46, were robbed by a black guy with a gun as they walked in the 200 block of Julia Street (between S. Peters and Fulton streets).
- Saturday (12.12.09) 11:28 p.m.: A white woman walking in the 500 block of Gov. Nicholls Street (near Brad and Anjolie's place) had her cellphone snatched by a black guy. He fled to a black 4-door sedan with tinted windows on Decatur Street which sped down Ursulines Street toward N. Rampart Street.
- Friday (12.11.09) 6:50 a.m.: A black man robbed The John bar, 2040 Burgundy St. (at Frenchmen Street) at gunpoint. He reportedly got a substantial amount of money from the bar's cash register and poker bag, along with the purse of a 52-year-old patron at the bar.
- Wednesday (12.9.09) 2:30 p.m.: A white man walking to his car in the parking garage at 145 University Pl. (near the Roosevelt Hotel) was robbed by 2 black dudes. Though he gave up his cash as asked, one of the robbers shot him in the leg anyway.