Robbers everywhere: The one place you might think you're safe from robbers is in Harrah's Casino, considering the security guards, moonlighting cops, and the State Police contingent.
- Saturday (10.24.09) 2:17 p.m.: A black guy--armed with a shovel--tried holding up the Hispanic woman working at the parking lot in the 200 block of N. Rampart Street (between Iberville and Bienville streets). When she refused, he fled on foot but was scooped up by cops moments later.
- Sunday (10.25.09) 2:30 a.m.: A white couple had the hell scared out of them when a gang of 4 young black punks accosted them in the 300 block of O'Keefe Avenue (between Union and Perdido streets). One of the perps pulled a pistol and demanded their money, but when they refused, the gang turned tail and ran.
- Tuesday (10.27.09) 2:36 p.m.: A duo of black dudes pulled a daring daylight robbery of the Price Busters store, 867 St. Charles St., at the corner of St. Joseph Street. The robbers flashed pistols at the clerk and demanded the money from the cash register.
- Wednesday (10.21.09) 11:22 p.m.: Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar & Restaurant, 701 Tchoupitoulas St., was the scene of another robbery in less than a month. A woman sitting at a table outside the bar was accosted by 2 black guys who grabbed her cellphone from her hand and ran.
On 9.27.09, a trio of young black boys snatched a woman's purse out of her lap right inside the bar around 2:30 a.m.
- Saturday (10.24.09) 3:19 a.m.: A white woman walking in the 500 block of Wilkinson Street (between Decatur and Chartres streets) had her purse snatched by a Hispanic guy who fled on foot up down Decatur.
- Sunday (10.25.09) 12:45 a.m.: A white woman was robbed of her purse at Conti and Decatur streets by a black guy who came up behind her and then fled on foot.
- Sunday (10.25.09) 4:35 a.m.: A white man walking in the 700 block of Iberville Street (between Royal and Bourbon streets) was approached from behind by a black man who grabbed his cellphone and ran.
- Monday (10.26.09) 9:57 p.m.: The next night, one block over in the 700 block of Bienville Street, another white man lost his cellphone to 2 black thieves who grabbed it and ran.
- Monday (10.26.09) 10:16 p.m.: A white man walking in the 300 block of St. Charles Avenue (between Union and Perdido streets) was approached from behind by a black guy who took his cellphone and fled on foot.