Jarrell Kendrick was charged with 2nd-degree attempted murder in the shooting with left a 31-year-old black man wounded. (If you try to look at the suspect's mugshot with the link above, all you're going to see is the picture Sheriff Gusman took of what looks like the contents of the guy's pockets. Maybe the sheriff needs a new camera--or we need a new sheriff.)
Vicious armed robbery: A 58-year-old man walking in the 500 block of Toulouse Street (between Decatur and Chartres streets) on Thursday (6.19.08) about 2 a.m. when he was robbed by 2 black dudes, each armed with a pistol.
"When the police finally arrived they put him in the back of their police car without caring for him. He was in so much pain he could barely speak," she said, but "the police drove around with him making him help them look for the suspects."
After the police took him to the 8th District station, "one cop actually bitched at (the victim) for bleeding on the floor of the police station while giving his statement. They never bothered to clean him up or help him at all."
The police did finally transport him to Tulane University Hospital "where he was again ignored and treated like crap."
After he was released from the hospital around 4:30 a.m., he went back to the scene of the crime to search for his wallet. He found it in a trash can about a block from where his attack occurred.
- Armed robbery, Sunday (6.22.08), 6:50 a.m., 1100 block of Bourbon Street (between Gov. Nicholls and Ursulines streets): A white man was approached by another white man who gestured with his hand in his jacket pocket, implying he had a weapon and demanded the victim's money. The victim complied and the robber fled on Gov. Nicholls toward N. Rampart Street.
- Simple robbery, Saturday (6.21.08), 9:50 a.m., St. Louis and Bourbon streets: A white man walking along was approached by a black man who grabbed cash from the victim's hand and fled on foot toward N. Rampart Street.
Other happenings, to a point: The following information is from the Times-Picayune, but you can see from the gaps the NOPD is not putting out all the reports it has (look at the missing days) and the 8th District is not telling all it knows, either:
- 6:51 a.m., 1200 block of Bourbon Street
- 2 a.m., 500 block of Toulouse Street
- 9:54 a.m., 400 block of Bourbon Street
- 12:35 p.m., 500 block of Chartres Street
- 2:31 a.m., 500 block of Bourbon Street
- 9:32 a.m., 300 block of Royal Street
- 2:27 a.m., Bourbon and Toulouse streets
- 8:14 p.m., 200 block of Poydras Street
- 11:59 p.m., Chartres and St. Ann streets
- 11:43 p.m., Canal and N. Rampart streets
- 4:23 a.m., 1000 block of N. Peters Street
- 10:20 p.m., 300 block of St. Joseph Street
- 12:04 p.m., Bourbon and St. Louis streets
- 2:28 a.m., 900 block of Iberville Street
- 11:20 a.m., 700 block of Royal Street
- 9:59 a.m., 600 block of Bourbon Street
- 8:43 a.m., 1600 block of Tulane Avenue
- 11:08 p.m., 300 block of O'Keefe Avenue
- 8:52 p.m., 100 block of Royal Street
- 2:38 p.m., 500 block of Tchoupitoulas Street
- 2:23 p.m., 900 block of Poydras Street
- 8:24 a.m., 1000 block of Elysian Fields Avenue
- 8:23 a.m., 300 block of St. Charles Avenue
- 5:47 p.m., 300 block of St. Charles Avenue
- 4:27 p.m., first block of Poydras Street
- 6:19 a.m., 600 block of St. Ann Street
- 2:02 p.m., 400 block of Bourbon Street
- 11:20 a.m., 700 block of Royal Street
- 5:40 a.m., 400 block of Carondelet Street
- 3:46 p.m., Decatur Street and Esplanade Avenue
- 12:10 p.m., Decatur and St. Louis streets
- 9:30 p.m., Elysian Fields Avenue and N. Peters Street
- 9 p.m., 400 block of Toulouse Street
- 9:35 a.m., 1200 block of Dauphine Street
- 8:54 a.m., Bourbon and Gov. Nicholls streets
- 12:31 p.m., 300 block of St. Charles Avenue
- 8:32 p.m., Gravier Street and O'Keefe Avenue
- 11:20 a.m., 1600 block of Canal Street
- 7:50 a.m., 400 block of Andrew Higgins Boulevard
- 6:59 p.m., 700 block of Lafayette Street
- 11:48 p.m., 1300 Perdido Street
- 3:53 a.m., 900 block of Esplanade Avenue
- 2:18 a.m., 1000 block of Bienville Street
- 6:48 a.m., 900 block of Poeyfarre Street
- 7:37 p.m., 500 block of Toulouse Street